Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#17: Be part of an audience at a live taping

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently started a new job with The Heritage Foundation. One of the best perks so far? Attending the November 22nd GOP debate. Co-hosted by Heritage and AEI, the CNN debate featured all eight of the GOP presidential candidates, with a focus on national security and foreign policy.

Photo taken by my husband before the phone/camera ban went into effect.

Seeing the debate in person, rather than on the television screen, was a whole new experience. Who would have guessed that Wolf Blitzer spends the whole hour talking to the side of the stage or that Michele Bachmann's podium includes the tiniest little platform to bring her up to height?

As far as who "won" the debate - I really liked Newt Gingrich's performance. But I don't want to turn this into a political post. (We'll save that for another time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment