Thursday, February 17, 2011

#57: Get a manicure

In college, I wore acrylic tips on my fingernails for three years straight. While it certainly wreaked havoc on my natural nail beds, my regular, monthly manicure habit gave me good quality time with my girlfriends and a clean, polished look. As an unpaid intern in DC, I was forced to slash the manicures from my tight budget and instead invested in a few good OPI polishes (and lots of patience). As good I as I got, though, nothing I can accomplish will ever replace the look of a professional manicure.

On Tuesday, I took a "late lunch" and visited Patsy's Nail Bar in northwest DC for one of their famed shellac manicures. This polish claims to last 2-3 weeks without chipping. Weeks?! Yes, please!

I hesitate to share the name of the spa because I loved it that much and halfway wanted to keep the spot a secret. Toiya, my technician, was so friendly and just the right amount of chatty. And she helped me pick the most beautiful, bright red polish. I hope it truly will still look this great in two weeks!

Now, a few gratuitous shots of my manicured nails (and my brand-spankin' new Nook color):

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with shellac! Mine usually lasts about 2 weeks without chipping but since my nails grow so fast, I have to get them done around that time anyway... But it truly does stay the same shiny color. It's a-mazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I went back yesterday to get my manicure refreshed. Not a single chip, and I haven't seen my nails so long and strong in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete