Monday, December 5, 2011

In Progress - #20: Read 15 of the All-TIME 100 Novels that I haven’t already

Before a whirlwind week of travel, I went a little crazy at the Petworth Library and checked out five of the books still on my "to read" list. I had grand visions of reading non-stop on that week's eight (yes, eight) separate flights, knocking out all five classics in a single binge-reading week.

Their December 10th due date is looming, and so far I've crossed one book off the list - Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita. It's a really uncomfortable book in terms of content, but extremely beautifully written. Despite not being able to relate to Humbert Humbert, the main character, Nabokov does an excellent job of drawing the reader in right from page one.

As for the stack of books, I'm 150 pages away from finishing the second of the five titles. The rest are bound for the re-check queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment