Friday, December 9, 2011

Two-fer, Part II

I have a Friday two-fer for y'all! These two updates are about as exciting as that time I got my suit tailored, but you know, a check mark is a check mark. So here you go...

#100. Take a pair of shoes to the cobbler for re-heeling.
No sound is quite as grating as that terrible scrape of metal heel on city sidewalk. For months, a pair of heels has taken up real estate in my closet - unable to be worn because their heels had worn thin and I strongly subscribe to the Capitol Hill Style policy of not sporting noisy high-heel nails. I found a cobbler in Union Station, dropped off my black patent beauties for a weekend, and came back the next Monday to a like-new pair of pumps. This particular cobbler may have been a bit overpriced ($16), but compared to the cost of a new pair of shoes, I suppose it's worth it.

#101. Visit the eye doctor and get new contacts.
This is just something I needed to do, as a responsible adult. I had to put it on the list, though, because 1) I hate going to any type of doctor, 2) I especially hate doing that air puff test, and 3) I always feel like I've been fleeced as I empty every last penny out of my pocketbook to pay for a 10-minute eye exam and contacts that are the exact same prescription as the previous year. Blargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment