Wednesday, January 25, 2012

#66: Watch a Foreign Film

 


This year the husband and I are trying again to watch all of the Oscar nominees for Best Picture. In our attempts to guess what would get the nod, we went on a date night to see "The Artist."

The French film is unique in that it is a silent film - made in 2011. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it (because it's a silent film, not because it's French), but when we left the theater, all I could say was "What a fun movie!"

The story follows silent film star George Valentin (played by Jean Dujardin) and rising starlet Peppy Miller (Bérénice Bejo) through the advent of "the talkies," and how they changed the film industry. Although it's a film about a man who loses everything, trust me when I say it's a fun, upbeat film that leaves you with a smile.

(Also, we guessed right. See the rest of the nominees here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment