Saturday, January 28, 2012

In Progress - #69: Try 5 new recipes

This week I tried the simplest, juciest, most delicious chicken recipe I've ever found. And it came from an unlikely source - SparkPeople, the health/weight management site. (Yep, working away at #74 on the list.)

Now, the mix of garlic and brown sugar may not sound like an ideal match, but oh my goodness, is it ever amazing. A perfect mix of sweet and kicky, this recipe is a new Hughes-house favorite!


Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
  • Brown Sugar, 4 tsp unpacked
  • Chicken Breast, no skin, 12 ounces
  • Garlic, 1 clove
  • Butter, salted, 2 tbsp
  • Salt, 1 tsp
  • Pepper, black, 1 dash
  1. Melt the butter in a frying pan
  2. Brown the garlic in the butter
  3. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding salt and pepper as you like it
  4. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast
  5. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
Bon appetit!


Picture from Stephanie Cooks (I didn't photograph my food - I ate it too quickly!)

1 comment:

  1. Simple yet delicious, should fulfill my flavor wishes. 

    ReplyDelete